Order up! A virgin aloe water on the rocks, please. Although not a drink you will find in a high-class bar, add an umbrella and you will feel just as fancy drinking pure aloe vera water. Not to mention, your liver–as well as your digestive system–will thank you. Because aloe can help cleanse the digestive tract and detoxify your body, opting for a virgin aloe vera instead of a whisky will give you a nice health buzz. Since the most effective way to get all the medical benefits of aloe vera out of the leaf and doing wonders for your body is to drink the pure juice, what are you waiting for? Give it go!
The Great and Powerful Aloe Water Recipe
Mix up a batch of this healthy drink in the comfort of your own home. All you need are a few simple ingredients:
You will need: (1) aloe plant leaf (or 2 tablespoons of edible aloe vera gel, which can be found at most health food stores); (2) knife; (3) spoon; (4) blender; and (5) 1 cup of water.
1. Cut a leaf from your aloe vera plant (don’t worry, the leaf will grow back!)
2. Slice the leaf down the middle with a sharp knife.
3. Get your scoop on! Scoop out the clear stuff (that would be your aloe vera gel). Be sure to avoid gathering any yellow part of the plant, which can be found just below the rind.
4. 2 tablespoons worth of aloe vera gel should do the trick!
To skip the above steps, hop in your car and hightail it to your local health food store to pick up some edible aloe vera gel. You can usually find some there.
5. Combine your 2 tablespoons of aloe gel with 1 cup of water in a blender.
6. Blend until smooth. You don’t want to eat your juice!
7. Store in the refrigerator in a air-tight container. You can keep your aloe water in there for up to a week.
Now pour yourself a drink, sit back, relax, and get healthy!
A Wee Bit Hard to Handle
“Too much aloe!” might be your first reaction after a sip of this stuff. So a word of warning: pure aloe water will have a strong taste, one that does not tantalize many people’s taste buds rights away. Aloe is definitely an acquired taste, so don’t feel bad if you cannot chug the stuff.
To mellow out your aloe water try adding something acidic: orange, lemon or grapefruit juice should do the trick. Some honey, believe it or not, can also do wonders for your water. If this still isn’t enough to mask that aloe taste, try adding aloe gel to something with a bit more ingredients:
- a smoothie
- a green juice
Go ahead, and try drinking your aloe. Flush those toxins out of your system will a nice big glass of juice–aloe vera juice, that is. Drink up!
Friday ezuoke says
How long can one take this?
Friday ezuoke says
I purge after taking it should I continue